Traditional Martial Arts
BJJ Gym Etiquette
Southside BJJ have a respectful BJJ Gym Etiquette. The gym is to honour respect, the culture, coaches, and other training partners of the gym.
- Leave your Ego at the door. Train to improve, not to prove a point.
- No Shoes or Thongs on the mats.
- Greet the instructor before beginning the class. Particularly when arriving late.
- Gi and training gear must be CLEAN/WASHED prior to training.
- If possible, please shower before training.
- Unsportsmanlike and offensive conduct towards training partners/coaches is grounds for termination of membership.
- To help prevent cuts, Nails must be cut short.
- Do not leave clothing, garbage or used bandages randomly around the facilities.
- If you are sick or have a contagious skin condition, please stay off the mats. Training partners are permitted to refuse partnering with you in such hygiene circumstances.
- No drugs or alcohol are permitted inside of the gym nor are individuals that may be intoxicated. We reserve the right to remove individuals from entering the gym if found otherwise.
What to expect and what should I bring?
Required Equipment to bring to class
For all beginners if you do not have equipment available please wear comfortable track pants or shorts (No pockets) with a comfortable t-shirt. Singlets are not allowed for grappling classes. Please call the team if you intend on coming in so that the instructors are made aware. Thank you.
BJJ Classs Gi, belt & a mouthguard (first timers can wear shorts or track pants & a t-shirt)
One of the highest ranking Qld BJJ teams
Multiple Time Qld Team Champions
“Loved it... the athmosphere, the coaches , the location ... WOW... kids and female friendly ... OSS”Paul Stolyar
“Great facilities and coaching.”Emmett Jupe
“Fantastic coaches and techniques”James Lyon
“Exceptional BJJ school.”Hamish J.